As Bullhorn’s Engage 2019 came to a close, it seems like a good time to reflect on our exciting first year for Matador Jobs, especially how it has grown and the improvements we have made.
Last year’s Bullhorn Engage conference was a huge milestone; it marked our official public launch after a year of development and close work with a group of early adopters. It was a fantastic opportunity to interact directly with some of the Bullhorn team, as well as Bullhorn clients. Best of all, even though we had spent many months hammering out the code together, it was the first time that my partner Jeremy and I met in person!
A year on, we are proud to be listed on the Bullhorn Marketplace as the only Marketplace Partner offering a WordPress/Bullhorn solution.
During this time, we have released three major updates (with another due any day!), as well as several minor updates and hotfixes. We’ve also extended Matador with an additional four add-ons, available at no extra cost to all our All Access clients.
- Full support for the Google Indexing API, providing a big search traffic boost as a result of almost instant Google job indexing (included in Matador All Access and Pro)
- Improvements to templates, with greater ease and more extensibility of customization
- The addition of an optional meta block to the job listing details to get you going without the need for coding
- Contextual navigation buttons for all job listings
- Deep links into Bullhorn so that one-click from WordPress takes you to the same data in Bullhorn
- Lots of ‘under the hood’ improvements to provide increased stability and customization opportunities
- The brand-new Advanced Applications add-on (All Access only) which allows you to add any Bullhorn candidate field as a question in your application form with just a couple of clicks
Maintenance and Documentation
We’ve also worked continuously throughout the year on maintenance and bug fixes – please keep on telling us when your run into a problem; your feedback helps us to make Matador even better!
Likewise, slowly but surely, our documentation is becoming more comprehensive as we respond to help requests – we are continuing to work on this.
Google Indexing API for WP Job Manager Plugin
Sometimes one thing leads to another. As a footnote to our work on the Google Indexing API for Matador, it wasn’t much of a leap to realize that this functionality could be useful for other job-boards. We already have a Matador add-on to provide WP Job Manager integration so we decided to wrap the relevant fragment of the code we developed for Matador into an additional dedicated plugin for users of WP Job Manager.
Matador Jobs clients
As word gets out, our client base has been growing steadily – we are so encouraged by and grateful for the positive feedback we have received from our clients.
Thank you for your support!
For more detailed information Matador updates, please read the release notes on our Blog.